My work on regenerative community and environmental projects like Wake for a Vanishing World and Tamera Peace Research and Education Center.
Wake for a Vanishing World
About the project
Multimedia collaborative arts project, celebrating our love for what’s being lost, through the regenerative practices of communal grief tending, storytelling, community DNA art form and performance.
- support people to address biodiversity loss and connect to the more-than-human world
- run a series of ecological grief workshops
- create an online community of local communities and global friend
- an online book of condolence
- build DNA art forms as memorials working with local artists.
Beginning in November 2021 and runnung for two years.
- communications and social media
- community engagement
- facilitating grief workshops.
We hope to support people in facing their love for what’s being lost. And leave DNA art forms in local communities as a memorial to those that chose to bear witness at this critical point in time, for future generations to come.
Stop the oil drilling
Website: Stop the oil drilling
About the campaign
Part of a coalition of environnmental groups working to to cancel all contracts for fossil fuel extraction in Portugal.
Purpose of the project
Creative environmental project that promoted alternatives to fossil fuel extraction and the transition to a regenerative society, using aerial art actions and prayer.
The campaign included:
- aerial art actions
- social media campaign, including tweets to the Portuguese Prime Minister
- an open letter to Portuguese Prime Minister and Minister for the Environment, endorsed by local and global influencers
- strategic alliances with 350.org, Uplift Connect and Greenpeace.
The campaign ran from 2017 – 2018.
- co-design the campaign site
- promotion of aerial art actions
- social media campaign
- promotion of Defend the Sacred event running concurrentyly to the aerial art actions
- liaison with strategic partners.
By September 2020, all oil and gas drilling contracts were rescinded or expired, because of popular resistance.
Tamera Peace Research and Education Center
A community of 200 people researching how to build a non-violent culture and regenerative decentralised communities, based on cooperation and trust. Offering courses based on their research, they have a distinguished global alumni.
Purpose of the project
Redesign of the Tamera website and presentation of 40 years of research into healing biotopes.
Conducted research to identify user needs and content, designed the information architecture and user experience, co-designed the content of the About us and Research sections, to explain the project and it’s history and reflect 40 years of holistic peace research
I lived and worked in Tamera from 2017 – 2018
- content strategy
- user experience
- information architecture
- content design
- pair writing
- training in digital writing and plain English.
A website that explains what the project is with a history timeline and map. An an effective engagement tool that summarises 40 years of research, and presents all courses, alliances and outreach in the world. It raised the global profile of Tamera and their ability to secure funding.
“We’re far more connected than we think. No matter where we com from or what divides us, we all long to belong.”